CAMP NEW YORK works within the framework of a number of policies and measures, which includes mandatory police background checks from all participants who go on our programme.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from participants when they register for our program, begin an application and through their participation in our program. This information may include:
- Subscription preferences when you sign up to our mailing list
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use our website, using cookies and page tagging
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other contact information
- Information about the participant’s health history and criminal background history, which is required for our program
- Any questions or feedback that you send to us and our reply
We use this information to register participants for our program, communicate with them based on subscription preferences and to provide the best possible placement and experience at our program.
We may also use this information for our own research and analysis, and to improve our program and website.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our staff, our visa sponsor and camps who need the information to perform their duties related to our program
- To third-party service providers who provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis and payment processing
- To comply with legal requirements, such as court order, crime or to prevent fraud
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties for their own marketing or other purposes.
We Keep Data
For as long as it is needed for the purposes set out on this page, or for as long as the law requires us to. This means that we may hold your personal date for as little as 30 days up to a maximum of 7 years.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure (for example, we protect your data using encryption), alteration, or destruction. We also make sure that any third parties keep all personal data they process secure on our behalf. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
Access to Personal Information
Individuals have the right to access their personal information held by us and to ask for it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You also have the right to request a copy of that personal data, raise an objection about how the personal data is processed, request that your personal data be erased if there is no longer a justification for it, ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances.
Camp New York Team